Blizzard Box has a compressor unit, but it does not run continually. After the Blizzard box is cooled down to set temperature, the unit only turns on as needed with 55 watts draw at 12 volts. When the Blizzard Box first starts and is cooling down, it does run full time at 55 watts until set temperature. The Blizzard Box will then cycle on and off as need to hold set temperature depending on ambient temperature.
Articles in this section
- What are the optimal beverage and food storage temperatures?
- What is the voltage range of vehicle battery to switch off / on the compressor in order to prevent over discharging?
- What is vehicle battery protection?
- Do I need to use the basket that is in the Blizzard Box?
- What is the running wattage for the Blizzard box?